We are proud to share our updated ClovisFest 2017 Press Release with photos for use by local media to share about this upcoming local community event.
Contact: Gary Honeycutt
Telephone: (559) 299-7363
Email: [email protected]
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 9, 2017
CLOVISFEST 2017 IS BIGGER AND BETTER THAN EVER!
For immediate release – Clovis, CA. Table Mountain Casino ClovisFest 2017 – a Clovis Chamber event – is no longer the small craft fair it was when it began 43 years ago. Old Town Clovis now welcomes thousands of Clovis and Fresno locals for free with exciting attractions and over 200 craft and commercial vendor booths. Every year ClovisFest gets bigger and better, and this year is no exception. This year’s ClovisFest is your ultimate destination for family fun, foodies, and fall gift-buyers.
ClovisFest received a big facelift. Festivalgoers can now enjoy cooler weather, as the dates are moved to October 28th and 29th this year, beginning at dawn and running into the evening hours. The favorite centerpieces of ClovisFest are expanded. Find something for everyone at ClovisFest 2017:
- The Kaiser Permanente & Moore Than SEO Hot Air Balloon Fun Fly. Marvel at the beauty and majesty of fanciful hot air balloons taking off each morning at 7 am from the Clovis Rodeo Grounds. (Launch will be dependent on weather.) Early birds are welcome to watch the balloons inflate starting at around 6:15 am, with breakfast provided by the Old Town Clovis Kiwanis Club. Safe family fun includes floating up and down in a balloon tethered to the ground provided by RE/MAX on a first come, first served basis.
- Sol-Tek International Village. The newest and biggest attraction at ClovisFest just got bigger! This weekend-long World’s Fair attraction opens at 10 am on Saturday. Delight in performances by the Iranian Culture and Art Club (ICAC) of Fresno, the Clovis Heiwa Taiko (Japanese Drum Group), the Celtic Motion Dance Company, and many more. Storytelling booths keep the kids spellbound. Sample exotic foods from many cultures, and find one-of-a-kind gifts perfect for holiday gift-giving.Local schools and students are encouraged to download the free Passport to Culture and International Village Flyer for an enhanced learning experience.
- Sand Castle Exhibition—Sponsored by the American Institute of Architects, San Joaquin (AIA). This Saturday-only exhibition is for kids of all ages to enjoy. Walk through a variety of sand castle creations along 5th Street where this exhibition begins. For more family fun, visit the ClovisFest Kids’ Zone, filled with child-friendly activities.
- Michelob ULTRA Beer Garden. Take a break from the kids, meet-up with your friends, and relax in the shade. Sip on a tasty cool brew and take in an impressive variety of live musical entertainment by local area bands. Or try your hand at playing Corn Hole, sponsored by KAIL-TV.
- Food to Please Every Palate—The kids will love the traditional fair treats that include smoothies, cotton candy, shaved ice, and kettle corn. The Bullard Food Court offers family-friendly meals. Take the entire family on a culinary adventure at the International Village and throughout the festival grounds with multicultural menus to tickle everyone’s taste buds. Try something new or feast on favorites from around the world.
- A Shopper’s Paradise—ClovisFest is your opportunity to support local craftsmen while checking off your Christmas gift list. Discover one-of-a-kind jewelry, glassware, woodworks, and unbelievably unique items that you won’t find anywhere else. Buy for friends, loved ones, and find something special for yourself!
Download the Clovis Chamber of Commerce mobile app to keep your finger on the pulse of the ClovisFest schedule of activities—Check out upcoming attractions, view the list of vendors, be in-the-know on the International Village performance schedule and even receive text notifications before each Beer Garden performance! Learn more about ClovisFest as it unfolds at the official ClovisFest Facebook Page.
Mark your calendar for a full weekend of family fun on October 28th and 29th at ClovisFest 2017 in Old Town Clovis. Entrance is free, and so is the parking. Set your GPS to 748 Rodeo Dr., Clovis for parking and for the Balloon Lift Off. Set your GPS to 325 Pollasky Ave., Clovis, for the Festival.
# # #
PHOTOS/ARTWORK INCLUDED WITH THIS RELEASE
Click Here To Access A Secure, Shared Online Folder Containing ClovisFest 2017 Photos for Media Use.